Tuesday 6 November 2012

Trends!

     
My three trends that I have picked is Leopard Print, Futuristic & Lace. They are based on shops from mostly Middle Market but I tried to also base my trends on Top Market and Mass Market products too.  
 

The Middle Market shops that I found most of my products in were River Island, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Debenhams and Next. Prices here ranged from as low as £15 to anything up to £100. I found that River Island had the best range of clothes to suit my three trends as Leopard Print was found in one huge corner of each store, whilst Lace and the Futuristic trend were basically everywhere to be found within the shop. The River Island stores that were most useful to me were Limerick, Derry and Belfast. Also I was able to make great use of www.riverisland.co.uk for getting information on the exact fabrics and prints being used on the clothes.
 

The Top Market and Mass Market clothes based on my trend were hard to find. With Top Market I found that the clothes were always top class but still very plain and I prefer clothes with a bit of ‘va-va-voom’ or life about them and I found it hard to find clothes like this online and in store. Also I found that the details on the clothes were quite hidden apart from the price about them which did nothing but stand out to me, but because of the fact that it was hard to find details on them I decided not to use them. With Mass Market I found that at the start of my trends project, it was easy to find clothes and prints based on my trends but before you know it, the market would have moved on within a week and your trends would have completely left the shop apart from the bare minimum of last week’s not-yet sold stock – Penney’s as an example. Also with Mass Market stores, they don’t have a proper online shopping experience with the online store just displaying examples of clothes and trends that are in this season and not actually letting you browse or even pursue to buy the clothes there and then, being told that you would find them in ‘Your Local Store!’
 

I have based my A/W 2012/13 Trends Report on the Leopard Print Look, Futuristic Look and Lace Look, all mostly from the Middle Market which makes the clothes based on my trends, reasonably priced and good standards of quality of prints, colour and fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment